Feeling anxious and unsure about the future? Take these 5 steps to help plan for your tomorrow.
Actions to help you navigate today and keep saving for your future.
The world has proven to be unpredictable the last few weeks and even though many of us may be feeling anxious about the short-term, it’s important to not lose sight of your future. Here are 5 things to consider as you navigate today’s uncertainty and plan for your tomorrow.
- Stick to your plan. Market volatility happens, and it may happen even more than you think. Read more about why it’s important to stay invested.
- Continue to save for retirement. The upside of a down market is called dollar cost averaging. Meaning that when the market falls and you stay invested, the shares you purchase are at a lower price than when the market is high. Learn more about how it works.
- Educate yourself. Market volatility can feel even more overwhelming when you don’t know how asset classes work. Watch our video on the basics of investing.
- Create and stick to your budget. Having a plan for your finances is a great way to get organized and feel in control. Watch our video on how to get started.
- Focus on your financial wellness. Now’s a good time to try some new strategies. Watch our video on how best to kick start some new ideas to help feel more in control of your finances.
This material is provided by Voya for general and educational purposes only; it is not intended to provide legal, tax, or investment advice. All investments are subject to risk. Please consult an independent tax, legal, or financial professional for specific advice about your individual situation.
Please read the Program Annual Disclosure Document (April 2019) carefully before investing. The Annual Disclosure Document contains important information about the Program and investment options. For email inquiries, use: email@example.com.