Participants are responsible for:
- Enrolling in the plan, or opting out, in the case of an automatic enrollment plan design.
- Determining an amount to contribute (for plans with a 401(k) feature) and whether such amount will consist of pre-tax, after-tax or Roth amounts.
- Directing the ABA Retirement Funds Program (the Program) on how to allocate their contributions and those of their employer, if applicable, among the Program’s investment options.
- Designating a beneficiary.
- Notifying the Program and their employer of marital status changes and address changes.
- Selecting a form of benefit payment if required.
- Properly completing forms relating to plan and Program administration and forwarding them to their employer/plan administrator.
- Determining whether they want a hard copy or an online copy of their quarterly account statement.
- Determining whether they wish to arrange for email delivery of confirmation notices.
- Determine whether they wish to take advantage of personalized investment advice through Voya Retirement Advisors LLC.